Mission Statement Kutztown University Counseling and Psychological Services
- Public Safety 610-683-4001
- Service Access & Management 610-236-0530
- Clinical Services at 610-683-4082.
The mission of the office of Counseling & Psychological Services (CPS) is to support students in achieving personal and academic goals in order to prepare them to meet the lifelong challenges and responsibilities associated with living and working in complex and diverse communities. This is accomplished through the prevention and treatment of psychological and addictive disorders, and difficulties associated with normal development. In support of this primary mission, CPS will:
- Offer individual, group, and couples counseling; consultation to faculty and staff; psycho-educational programs; and evaluation and referral services.
- Promote the understanding of individual differences and encourage the healthy psychological development of students and the university environment through membership on university committees and task forces.
- Conduct research in the field of counseling psychology and participate in professional development experiences to guide counseling practice and the development of programs and policies.
- Train and supervise graduate-level counselors to meet the need for
high-qualitytraining experiences in the field and to assist in providing a level of staffing commensurate with student demands for counseling services.
COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES FACULTY & STAFF
Psychological services are provided by masters- and doctoral-level professionals who are also faculty members at the university. In addition, the center serves as a training site for masters- and doctoral-level trainees, who provide counseling services under the supervision of the faculty.
Counseling & Psychological Services is accredited by the International Association for Counseling Services, Inc. (IACS).