The Kutztown University Observatory is located on the roof of the Grim Science Building and is labeled Room 300. The control rooms are located on the third floor of Grim (room 302) and the astrophysics spectroscopy lab is room S13.
The KU Observatory serves the entire KU Community:
- Physics/Astronomy faculty and students perform astrophysics research projects.
- Art/Photography faculty and students perform astrophotography projects.
- Astronomy courses rely on the observatory for many educational projects.
- The observatory is frequently open for public observing events, a community outreach project in association with the KU Planetarium.
- Astronomers visiting from other institutions also use the KU Observatory.