- Academic Departments/Contacts
- KU Career Network (KUCN) - the primary online resource for preparing and connecting students and alumni with employers. It provides the ability for students and alumni to:
- View employer profiles and apply for internships and jobs.
- Participate in on-campus interviewing (OCI)
- Register for events and workshops
- Learn about career and graduate school fairs
- Complete mock/practice interview & submit for review
- Review career resources
- Career Development Center - Webpage on Internships
- Liability Insurance Coverage for Students
Kutztown University does not provide nor purchase liability insurance coverage for students serving in an intern program or fieldwork experience. Because many host organizations require that interns have liability or malpractice insurance, students need to personally purchase intern liability insurance when required to do so by the cooperating institution/agency/company.
In addition, the university should NOT be listed as a named insured on the student's personal policy. This is between the student and the host site only. University personnel must be careful not to designate or appear to endorse a particular insurance policy or carrier.
While the university does not (and cannot) purchase liability insurance for students, Kutztown University can require internship students to purchase insurance to participate in a certain program or field experience. Each Dean can review and determine whether to require students to have liability insurance in place for programs or fieldwork within their academic purview. The Dean, Chairs, and/or faculty should make students aware of the potential liability they may incur while completing an internship or field experience, reiterating that the university does not