Tips for Success at KU
- Be an active learner: Go to class, listen to the professor, take notes, and participate in class. Actively use and check myKU, student email and D2L account.
- Read the syllabus and pay attention to due dates. Use your time wisely. Don’t procrastinate— complete and submit your assignments and other graded materials on time.
- Stay connected to your family and friends. They can provide you with much needed emotional support.
- Seek out campus resources. KU offers many services for students and you are paying for them. Take advantage of these services. Visit Tutoring Services, tje Library, Writing Center, Career Development Center, Disability Services, Success Center, and others.
- Maintain your physical and mental health. Get enough sleep, eat healthy, be active, and visit counseling services when needed.
- Connect with peers and make friends. Consider making a study group with your classmates.
- Join a club. Get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Take advantage of your professors/advisor’s office hours. They are there for you. Stay in touch with them. Communicate with them your questions/concerns. Visit them, email them, ask questions.
- Be positive! Attitude is everything!