Protecting The ID Card
The KU ID card is made of a composite of PVC and polyester, the industry standard. It's built to last for 4 or 5 years, but that depends on you and how you treat it. Here's a list of do's and don'ts to keep your card -- and your privileges -- safe:
- Do keep your KU Card with you at all times while on campus.
- Do keep your KU Card in a safe place.
- Do check your balances on your KU Card regularly.
- Do suspend your card if it is lost or stolen.
- Do stop in the KU Card Office if there are issues with the use of the KU Card.
- Do enjoy the privileges that come with the use of the KU Card.
- Do read the Don'ts...
- Don't let anyone else use your KU Card -- it is assigned to you and is non-transferable.
- Don't bend or fold the KU Card.
- Don't use your KU Card as an ice scraper.
- Don't chew on your KU Card -- it is not food, just a means to acquire food.
- Don't keep the KU Card next to any other cards with a magnetic strip.
- Don't keep the KU Card near electronic devices such as computers or cell phones.
- Don't use the KU Card for picking locks -- breaking and entering is illegal and can cause critical damage to the card.