The Golden Path (Second Year Experience)
What Residence Life will Provide
Monthly Newsletter of Resources/Highlights
Residence Life will produce a newsletter each month featuring trending monthly student issues as well as departmental programs, processes, and events.
Make It Home Program
- Participants will engage in a room decorating contest. Winners will be featured on the Residence Life webpage as well as receive a monetary prize.
- For more information, click here.
Second Year Experience Meetings
Participants will attend weekly second year student group meetings Thursdays at 11AM in Old Main 123.
- Bear Tracks is a series of workshops that promote the department's 6 Core Values. The series will feature presentations from the Office of Residence Life as well as departments across campus.
- Although Second Year Students will have the ability to attend all the programs offered through Bear Tracks, there will be workshops that focus specifically on the issues that Second Year Students face.
- A calendar of workshops will be listed in the newsletter each month.
Habitudes Leadership Program
- Habitudes is a leadership development program offered in the Spring. There are a number of series within the program. Habitudes focuses on developing leadership habits and attitudes.
- Second Year students will have the opportunity to participate in a series that focuses on developing the skills necessary for getting involved on campus and refining leadership skills.
- A curriculum is provided and the series will be presented by professionals from the Residence Life Staff.
A link to sign up for the Spring 2020 program will be available near the end of the Fall semester.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Can Do
- Read your monthly newsletter
- Participate in the "Make it Home" Program by making a submission
- Participate in the Paw Challenge
- Attend weekly meetings
- Participate in the Habitudes Leadership Series
- Attend Bear Tracks programs, at least one for each Core Value
Students who complete the Maroon and Golden Paths will receive a Certificate of Completion to place on their resume.