Voting is not only your right; it's your responsibility. The National Voter Registration Act strives to make it possible for every member of the Kutztown University community to register to vote. This gives us a chance to dramatically increase the number of voters in our college communities. Find out important information for student voters here.
Registration and Absentee Ballot Deadlines for PA Voters
**Please note that deadlines vary from state to state. These are the registration and absentee ballot deadlines for the state of PA. Not voting as a PA resident? Find out about your state's requirements.
- Monday, 10/7/2019- Last Day to Register in PA to participate in the November Election
- Tuesday, 10/29/2019- Last Day to apply for a Civilian Absentee ballot
- Friday, 11/1/2019- Last Day for County Boards of Elections to receive voted civilian absentee ballots
- Tuesday, 11/5/2019- Election Day
- *Note: When voting at a polling place for the first time, ID is required. Learn more about the types of ID you can show.
- Polling locations in PA are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Where is your polling location? Verify your voter registration and polling location. Election Officials can be reached with any questions particular to individual circumstances.
Who is on the ballot? See who will be on the ballot, and make an informed decision about your vote. Here is one of many, many resources with candidate information:http://votesmart.org
Trouble at the polls? To report problems, call 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683), go to www.866ourvote.org, or text OURVOTE to 90975 to download the app.
What is TurboVote? To support every KU student in making their voice heard by casting a ballot, Kutztown University has partnered with TurboVote to provide an easy online portal to support the voter registration and voter education process. TurboVote will also assist by providing important reminders related to the voting process. TurboVote is a service provided by Democracy Works, Inc., a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to improving civic engagement through the use of technology.
- New Users: Go to Kutztown's TurboVote website to get started. Please be advised that on the TurboVote Wizard page, you will be asked a few basic questions in order for TurboVote to provide you with the information you need to get registered and vote.
- Returning users: Please log in here if you already have a TurboVote account.
How can the Andrew Goodman Foundation (AGF) help? The Andrew Goodman Foundation provides voter education and support. The AGF funds programs, provides ambassador stipends and offers training for our Vote Everywhere Ambassadors. Kutztown's MyVoteEverywhere page is a robust tool in place to assist voters and support voter education.
Which office at Kutztown can assist with voting-related questions? The Office of Student Involvement located in McFarland Student Union 153 can assist in person, and via phone (610-683-1383) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).