International Graduate Application Requirements
International applicants are invited to apply to many of the graduate degree programs offered at Kutztown University. All students must hold a four-year equivalent baccalaureate degree to pursue a master’s.
Graduate applicants should refer to the academic program website for specific application requirements. Most graduate programs require GRE or GMAT scores and recommendations.
In addition to the specific program requirements, all international graduate applicants also have the following requirements:
Apply online and pay the application fee.
The language of instruction at Kutztown University is English and as such, all students must provide evidence that they have achieved a high enough level of proficiency in the English language to be successful in their courses. You may prove English proficiency in one of the following ways:
1) Examination Results
Submit results from an English proficiency examination. Scores must be less than two years old and sent to KU directly through the examining authority.
- IELTS: 6.5 Overall Score
- TOEFL: 79 internet-based test
- PTE: 53 Overall Score
- Duolingo English Test: 105 Overall Score
- SAT: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 560 (KU School Code 2653)
- ACT: 21 English/Writing Score (KU School Code 3706)
You will receive a waiver of this requirement if you are from one of the following countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Virgin Island, Brunei, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Montserrat, New Zealand, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa (Western), Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Soloman Islands, South Africa, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, Zambia, Zimbabwe
3) Study at a U.S. College/University
We will waive the English language requirement if you studied at a U.S. college or university for at least one academic year, earned at least 24 college-level semester credits (or 36 quarter credits) and have completed the equivalent of CMP 100, Effective Composition, with a grade of C or higher.
Submit official college/university transcripts/academic records from all universities you attended.
College and university records from non-U.S. institutions must be translated to U.S. educational equivalency by a NACES recognized evaluation company. Translation is at the student's expense and you must provide a course-by-course evaluation. Evaluations should be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions directly by the evaluation company.
- IEE - this is a custom link for Kutztown applicants to make sure you are selecting the correct application type and provides a discounted rate with three-day processing time.
- SpanTran - this is a custom link for Kutztown applicants to make sure you are selecting the correct application type and provides a discounted rate.
- World Education Services - Be sure to ask for a course-by-course evaluation and select Kutztown University as the receiving institution.
For admissions-specific questions, please contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions