Tips to help obtain optimal well-being:
- Establish healthy habits: whether that be a daily schedule that includes physical activity or meal planning, setting healthy habits during the first weeks of the semester is helpful to well-being.
- Sleep: lack of sleep can reduce the ability to focus. Make sure you are practicing a healthy sleep routine. Take a nap!
- Finances: look into applying for a campus job via Handshake or look into the campus credit union, PSECU.
- Get involved on campus: meet new people, volunteer, and join clubs. Check out Engage.
- Stress is real: make sure you are well acquainted with campus resources, such as our Health and Wellness Center or Student Success Center to name a couple, to help manage stress.
Well-Being is Fire - 4/20/22
Mock-tails and Munchies
- 10 a.m. Drink and Draw with Kenneth Browne - South Dining Hall Room 1
- 11 a.m. Mindfulness with Aliyah -South Dining Hall Room 1
International Food Tasting - come awaken your taste buds!
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.- International Admissions- (Upstairs Walk thru event at Christopher Newman Center)
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m. -The Taste Smokers Food Truck (in parking lot of St. John Newman) –Free Food Tickets- pick up tickets in Stratton 119 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. everyday until sold out! *Social
Brothas Cookin’ - Christopher Newman Center - 1-3:30 p.m.
Come pick the winner for each heat from 6 of our own resident celebrities! Dr. Thomas Robinson III, Mr. Bernard McCree, Mr. Baron Vanderburg & Dr. Donavan McCargo. Dr. Warren Hilton and Mr. Bilal Salaam
1-3 p.m. Career Development Center outside -Drink station; tent set up. Caricaturists
1-2 p.m. Gumbo cookoff -65 tickets available – Pick up Stratton 119 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. everyday until sold out!
2:30-3:30 p.m. Wings cookoff - 65 tickets available- Pick up Stratton 119 from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. everyday until sold out!
DMZ and surrounding areas 4-7:30 p.m.
- Food Trucks – (tickets available at the raffle table)
- Rock climbing Wall
- Bouncy House Obstacle Course
- Mindfulness Bracelets
- Goat Therapy
- Goat Yoga -3 sessions available 4:30/5:30/6:30 – sign up on Engage!
- Haircuts and Braiding – City Cuts
- Find your perfect Insta Shot Photography with Drago and Shavon -schedule 20-minute photo shoot
- Conversations with Kraig
- Mindful Coloring Station
Health and Wellness Center
- FREE Massages – Professional Massage therapists to smoke that stress!
Bottom level of Berks Hall
- Sensory Experience/ Plants and Paisley – Come make your own potted plant or create your own shea butter/body oil with Paisley & Company
South Dining Room 1 - 8-10 p.m.
- Comic Monroe Martin III
- Dessert and Drinks
AIMS, Aramark Diversity Program Funding, Black Flames, Hip Hop Club, Career Development, Friends of Rachael, Health and Wellness Center, International Admissions, KU Foundation, Multicultural Center, New Student Orientation, Office of Student Involvement, Office of Veterans Services, PROFS, Residence Life Housing and Dining, SGB, The Office of Student Success, TRIO, Woman’s Center, LGBTQ+ Center
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices.