Purpose: The purpose of the Administrative Council is to function as a representative body of all constituent groups within the university to the end of initiating and/or reviewing all non-academic policies and procedures which impact the entire university.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- The Administrative Council may gather information about and deliberate any non-academic matter which may arise within the university.
- The Administrative Council shall review any present or proposed non-academic policy, procedure or issue as it deems fit.
- The Administrative Council shall make policy recommendations to the University President on any matter relating to the non-academic life of the university.
- The Administrative Council shall encourage participation in governance discussions by all of its constituent groups.
- Any non-academic matter that a member of the University Community wishes to bring to the attention of the governance structure of the university shall be submitted to the Administrative Council or one of its standing committees.
- The Administrative Council shall determine for itself procedures for conducting its business, the number and manner of selection of its officers, and any other such measures necessary for the efficient and expeditious conduct of its affairs.
- There shall be seven (8) standing committees of the Administrative Council:
- Campus Beautification
- Campus Safety
- Campus Wellness Committee
- The Commission on Human Diversity
- The Commission on the Status of Women
- The Commission on the Status of Minorities
- Traffic Bureau
The structure and responsibilities of these standing committees shall be determined by the Administrative Council. Persons selected to represent faculty and professional staff on these committees shall be appointed by the University Senate Committee on Committees. The work of the standing committees, including any reports and recommendations, shall be transmitted in writing to the Administrative Council for its advice and consent before submission to the University President. Additional standing committees or task forces may be created by the Administrative Council as appropriate.