Summer Conference Planning
As you begin to plan out your conference, the following information will be useful to make the process easier.
Dates and Deadlines
2021 First Available Night 2021 Last Available Night Signed Agreement 60 days prior to check-in First Payment - 20% of Quoted Balance 60 days prior to check-in Second Payment - 30% of Quoted Balance 30 days prior to check-in Certificate of Liability Insurance 30 Days prior to check-in Final Facility needs (personnel, technology, etc...) 30 days prior to Check-in Housing and Meal Count Guarantees 10 business days before check-in Final Rooming List 5 business days before check-in Third Payment - 25% of Quoted Balance Day of Check-in Remaining Balance Within 30 days of receiving Final invoice
We recommend the following packing list for all guests:
- Toiletries - Soap, Shampoo, and other toiletries are not provided.
- Alarm clock/phone - Rooms are not equipped with an alarm clock or phone.
- Water bottle - Hydration is extremely important on the hot days of Summer. Guests can fill up their water bottle in any of the numerous hydration stations across campus.
- Sunscreen - Sunburns can happen easily in Pennsylvania.
- Weather Protection - Although summers are generally warm and dry, guests should be prepared for unexpected weather or temperature changes by packing a light jacket, long pants, closed toe shoes, and a small umbrella.
- Cash & Quarters - While most vending machines take credit cards, it is always encouraged to bring change or cash in the event a vending machine is not accepting credit cards at that time.
- Laundry Detergent - Guests staying longer than a week are encouraged to bring detergent for their laundry needs, as well as quarters for the washers and dryers.
- Fan - If you are staying in a residential facility that is not equipped with air conditioning, it is highly encouraged you to bring a box fan or standing fan. Portable air conditioners are not allowed in our residential facilities.
- All camps or conference groups that purchase a linen package will receive a linen bundle in their room at the time of check-in.
- The linen bundle includes blankets, sheets, and towels.
- Guests staying longer than one (1) week may exchange their sheets and towels once each week. Blankets will not be exchanged.
- Guests will be responsible for depositing their used/dirty linens in a bin which will be located in a central location of the residential facility (varies by building).
- Clean Sheets and towels may be requested through any conference assistant.
Mail cannot be delivered directly to the residential facilities during the summer months. Guest mail may be sent to the Conference and Event Services office instead. Due to
the largenumber of people and groups visiting campus, guests should allow 1-2 additional business days to receive their mail.
The following address should be used:
C/O Conference and Event Services
Schock Education House
P.O. Box 730
Kutztown, PA 19530
Guests can utilize the Student Recreation Center at a reduced rate. Guests must show their conference swipe card (provided at check-in) to receive the discounted rate and pay in cash at the Student Recreation Center Administrative Office. For Hours and other information, please visit the Student Recreation Center website.
Safety is of the utmost importance to Kutztown University and its community. Clients are encouraged to become familiar with the University's Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures. All Faculty, staff, students, and visitors should contact Kutztown University Public Safety for any safety concerns and questions at all times. Please make note
the following important phone numbers: of of
- Kutztown University Public Safety - Emergency: 610-683-4001
- Kutztown University Public Safety - Non-Emergency: 610-683-4002
- Off-Campus Emergencies: 911