Any student registered for classes may purchase a meal plan that includes a specific amount of Dining Flex Dollars.
Students living in the residence halls (except Golden Bear Village Apartments, Honors Building, and efficiency apartments in Dixon Hall) must have MyTime Dining Diamond Meal Plan, MyTime Dining Platinum Meal Plan or MyTime Dining Gold Meal Plan.
If you are not required to have a meal plan according to your housing status, you have the option of selecting from any of the meal plans in the MyTime Dining program if you choose to do so.
Please view the Spring 2021 Dining Services Plan to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 here.
Important Dates for Fall 2020 Meal Plan Holders:
Important Dates for Spring 2021 Meal Plan Holders:
- November 16 through January 17 2021 -- Current Students meal plan selection window. After this window, students required to have a meal plan will be assigned the MyTime Platinum meal plan.
- January 22, 2021 4:30 p.m. Last day to add a Flex only meal plan.
- January 29, 2021 4:30 p.m. Last day to cancel or adjust any meal plans for the Spring semester.
Meal Plan Options
Our student's meal plans offer flexibility and freedom to eat what, where and when they want with the convenience of two all-you-care-to-eat dining and seven retail locations across campus. Students may choose between one of three 24/7 meal plans (students living in traditional and suite halls are required to select one of the three 24/7 meal plans) or a 24/5 meal plan (Mon - Fri) designed for non-required meal plan residents and commuters. All plans allow for unlimited entry and unlimited food at any of the two all-you-care-to-eat dining locations during hours of operation. Dining flex dollars, included in the meal plans, may be used at any of the seven retail locations.
Kutztown University offers a take-out dining service at the Cub Café, Monday - Friday from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. The process for take-out dining is:
- Students with a meal plan will have the option when swiping into the Cub Café to take a meal out.
- Lunch will be 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. and dinner will be 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- One take-out meal will be permitted during both the lunch and dinner meal zone.
- This option will also be available for students who do not have a meal plan --- they will just have to pay the door rate for the take- out meal.
- The student just needs to notify the cashier they would like the take-out option and they will be provided a take-out food container, cup, cup lid, straw and utensil package. The student will then be able to select their meal, hand the take-out container to the server, get their drink and take their food out of the Cub Café.
- When selecting a take-out meal the student needs to be aware their meal plan will be blocked for the reminder of that meal zone at both the Cub Café and South Dining Hall. Here is an example:
- A student selects the take-out option at the Cub Café at 11:30 a.m. Their meal plan is now blocked for usage until the 3 pm dinner meal zone at both the Cub Café and South Dining Hall.
Students will still be able to take a piece of fruit or ice cream from the Cub Café and South Dining Hall.
The meal plan program does not include a meal equivalence at the Academic Forum or Rohrbach Library. Students may use their dining flex dollars, cash, debit/ credit or Bear Bucks at those locations, but they cannot trade a meal swipe for their meal as they did under the old meal plan programs.
Meal Plan Selection Process
How To Select a Meal Plan Video- Dining Plan Selection Video Guide
Meal Plan Sign-Up
• Go to your MyKUHousing Account
• Enter student e-mail and password
• From the left menu select “Dining”
• Select “Dining Plans” on the left side of the screen
• At the top right of your screen change term to “Spring 2021” under “Purchased Meal Plans”
• On the same screen, select the meal plan you would like from the list of possible selections.
• Please note that if you plan on living in a Traditional Residence Hall you must select either the MyTime Dining Diamond, MyTime Dining Platinum, or MyTime Dining Gold. If you do not select one of these plans, you will be assigned the MyTime Dining Platinum when the meal plan selection window closes.
• At the bottom of the same screen select “Purchase Meal Plan”
Adding Dining Flex Dollars
- Go to myku.kutztown.edu
- Log on using your KU username and password.
- Select KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard > Your Account – select click here to make a payment – Flex dollars will be one of the options listed to select.
Summer Session Dining
Meal plans are administered per request by students that are registered for summer session classes. Each meal plan request is handled on a case by case basis to meet the student’s needs.
Any questions regarding summer session meal plans can be addressed by contacting KU Dining Services, 106 Old Main, "A" Wing 610-683-1314, or email@example.com
Students can only access their meal plan with the KU I.D. card, which must be presented to the checker for every meal. Your meal plan is not transferable to anyone else.
Meal Plan Policies
Default Meal Plan
If you are required to have a meal plan according to your housing status and do not select a plan in a timely manner, Dining Services will default your meal plan to the MyTime Platinum. You have the first two weeks of the semester to make any adjustments.
Meal Plan Rollover
The Meal Plan the student selects for the fall semester will automatically be assigned to them for the spring semester with a new charge. This applies to all Meal Plan assignments. If a student is not required or no longer wants their meal plan, it is their responsibility to cancel the meal plan.
During this rollover, all unused Dining Flex Dollars from the fall semester will be rolled over to the spring semester. Any unused flex dollars at the end of the spring semester will be lost.
Unused block meals from the MyTime Dining 75 and 150 block Meal Plans do not roll over from the fall to the spring semester.
Any questions regarding Meal Plan rollover can be addressed by contacting KU Dining Services, 106 Old Main, "A" Wing 610-683-4027, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dietary Needs Procedure
Students with special dietary needs or intolerances are invited to contact the Dining Services Office to request an appointment with Aramark's Food Production Manager to review any special requests and\or dietary concerns.
Students may cancel their meal plan prior to, or during the first two weeks of the semester. Refunds for during the first two weeks of the semester are prorated based on daily usage. If a student withdraws from KU, they may be issued a meal plan refund based on the university refund policy up until the fifth week of classes. After the fifth week of classes, there are no refunds.
Military Leave Refunds -- Students who are called to or who volunteer for active military duty may be entitled to a refund of the remaining balance of their Meal Plan and any unused Dining Flex Dollars. Any applicable refunds will follow the policy above
Other Refunds -- At the discretion of the appropriate university officials, a refund may be granted for unusual circumstances.