KUSSI has two options for student organizations who are in need of transportation. Student organizations can either rent an SGA van, which is owned and operated by KUSSI, or rent a vehicle through Enterprise. More information can be found below:
KUSSI has two SGA vehicles that may be used by Maroon & Gold Status organizations. To drive an SGA van, you must have a valid license and be 18 years of age or older. THE VEHICLES CAN ONLY TRAVEL WITHIN A 50 MILE RADIUS of the Student Union Building. If your organization must travel outside the 50-mile radius limitation, please have a driver who is 21 years of age or older for enterprise rental.
PROCEDURE TO RESERVE AN SGA VEHICLE
Please note: This is only a summary of the SGA vehicle policy. For additional information,
please request a copy of the KUSSI SGA Vehicle Policy and Procedures addendum.
- Submit your driver’s license to the KUSSI office. Upon arrival, you will be asked to complete a Motor Vehicle Report Release Form. This form authorizes KUSSI to verify the driving record of the requested driver.
- The MVR report typically takes two days to obtain results. If your driving record shows any of the violations listed on the SGA Vehicle Policy “Exhibit A”, you will be contacted and asked to find another driver.
- Utilize MapQuest or a similar website that estimates the total travel miles. Multiply the total miles by the IRS Current Standard Mileage Rate. Please refer to http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Profes-sionals/Standard-Mileage-Rates. A KUSSI representative can also provide the current IRS mileage rate.
- SGA vans are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Your reservations cannot be guaranteed unless the following is submitted 48 hours prior to KUSSI:
- Submit a purchase request in the amount of the estimated mileage rate.
- Submit a vehicle reservation form as soon as possible. SGA vans are reserved on a first come, first serve basis.
- If using SGA budget funds to pay for the rental expense, a flyer advertising the event must be submitted.
- The driver has approved MVR according to SGA policies.
- Completing all the above steps is the only way a reservation for use of SGA vans can be accepted and acknowledged.
PROCEDURE TO RETURN SGA VEHICLE AFTER USE
- Based on the SGA Vehicle Policy, KUSSI has implemented a van checklist in an attempt keep to keep the vans clean.
- Upon return of a rented SGA van, a KUSSI staff member will utilize the checklist to ensure the van is returned in the same condition it was when it left the parking lot.
- If damages are indicated on the checklist, punitive measures will be assigned
according to the SGA Vehicle Policy.
KUSSI has established a relationship with Enterprise to allow organizations to rent vehicles if the organization plans to travel more than 50 miles away from the university. The driver of the enterprise vehicle must be 21+ years old for a car or 7 passenger van. For a 12 passenger van, or 15 passenger van, the driver must be 25+ years old.
PROCEDURE TO RESERVE AN ENTERPRISE VEHICLE
- Submit your driver’s license to the KUSSI office. Upon arrival, you will be asked to complete an Enterprise Rental Request Form.
- If renting an intermediate vehicle, standard vehicle, or minivan, please submit the Enterprise Rental Request and the KUSSI Purchase Order Request at least 5 business days prior to the event.
- If renting a 12 or 15 passenger van, please submit the Enterprise Rental Request and the KUSSI Purchase Order Request at least 2 to 3 weeks prior to the event.
- Submit a purchase request in the amount of the total cost of the vehicle plus (total miles/20 miles per gallon) x current estimated gas price.
- Utilize MapQuest or a similar website that estimates the total travel miles. Refer to the Enterprise Rental Request Form for the current Enterprise vehicle rates.
- Please remember that a PO takes 24 hours to process before you actually receive a PO number, which is needed to make the reservation.
- After KUSSI completes the reservation request, a confirmation will be sent to you. On the day of the rental pick-up, an Enterprise representative will contact you to arrange a key drop off location.
- The rental vehicle will be parked in the D2 parking lot near Keystone Hall, or the A6 parking lot near the Academic Forum at specially marked locations. When reserving, you will need to indicate which location you would like the rental to be parked.
- 24 hours’ notice is required for a rental vehicle cancellation. If 24 hours’ notice is not given for a rental vehicle cancellation, there will be a one-day rental fee.