The Reading/Reutlingen Fellowship is generously funded by the Danzer Foundation.
Students studying a business-related major at a Berks county college or university are eligible to apply for funding to study abroad in the fall semester at the ESB Business School at Reutlingen University in Reutlingen, Germany. Two fellowships are awarded every year.
View KU Study Abroad Brochure for ESB Business School
Application Deadline: December 1
Reutlingen, Germany is the sister city of Reading, Pennsylvania, U.S.A., which is the reason that Reutlingen University was chosen as an exchange site for the Reading/Reutlingen Fellowship and Exchange. Reutlingen University is also recognized for its reputable ESB Business School. The Fellowship is funded by Mr. Danzer of the Danzer Foundation and executed through the cooperation of Reutlingen University in Reutlingen, Germany with the Higher Education Council of Berks County, including: Albright College, Alvernia University, Kutztown University, Penn State University - Berks Campus, and Reading Area Community College.
The goal of this fellowship is to give U.S. students who are studying business a new educational experience overseas. A desired outcome of the exchange is reciprocal knowledge transfer - U.S. students will learn about business and economics in the European community and Reutlingen students will learn about U.S. business and trade through interaction with the U.S. students.
- Studying a business-related major
- Attending a college or university in Berks County
- Engaged with social issues, organizations, and/or communities around them
- Have an above-average grade point average
- 1,550 Euros paid directly to housing rental company in Germany to fund housing
- 2,450 Euros transferred to student's personal account to fund travel, meals, and other expenses abroad
- $3,000 plus 50% of the balance of tuition and fees at home college/university; paid directly to college/university
Students must submit their completed application to their home institution representative. Applicants will be evaluated based on their academic qualifications and essay responses. The finalists from each school will be reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty and staff from each institution and recipients will be notified by their home school representative.
- Application form
- Passport-Style Photo
- Official college transcript
- One letter of recommendation from lecturer/instructor
- Two references
- Essay responses
Essay tip: Address everything that is asked in both questions. Proofread your essay and then ask someone else to review and proofread it before you submit it.
Contact College/University Representatives
Learn more about the ESB Business School!