Health Promotion and Alcohol & Other Drug Programs
- Well-being programs for student organizations/residence halls.
- Kutztown University's Health & Wellness Expos, Thursday, October 26, 2023, 10 am- 2 pm in the McFarland Student Union Building.
- Collegiate Recovery Meetings are designed for those who are sober curious, or seeking to live a substance-free lifestyle. Meet with recovery advocates Thursday evenings 7-8 pm in the Health & Wellness Center during school sessions. Our first meeting will be September 7, 2023
- FREE evidence-informed facilitator training for students on alcohol, cannabis, community coalitions, StepUP! and peer-to-peer programs.
- Participant in the President's Roundtable on Alcohol & Other Drugs.
- Embracing Cultural Communities, a prevention curriculum explicitly designed for diverse communities.
- AlcoholEDU for College for Undergraduates for incoming first-year and transfer undergraduate students.
- Peer-to-peer for undergraduate and graduate students on wellbeing and substance abuse prevention programs.
- Alcohol Screenings-Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) screenings to assist student organizations in meeting their management goals.
- One-on-one programs for referred and self-referred students offered virtually- Tobacco Cessation, Brief Alcohol Screening Intervention for College Students (BASICS), Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students (CASICS).
- Freedom from Smoking/Vaping, contact
Additional Health and Wellness Resources
- COVID19 update Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Sex and Covid-19 FAQs
- Google Scholar, Scholarly articles, wellbeing, and sleep
- Google Scholar, Scholarly articles for disparities in healthcare
- PA Department of Health Quitline 1-877-724-1090, online resources to quit tobacco
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention facts about electronic cigarettes, their health effects, and the risks of using e-cigarettes.
- eCHECKUP TO GO programs personalized for students. Take time to examine the substance use of Alcohol and Cannabis. It’s FREE.
- Sexual & Reproductive Health, GO ASK ALICE, Health Center’s Services for STD Testing and Women's Health Care.
- 10 Tips for Better Sleep at College, EVERYDAY HEALTH
- ChooseMyPlate U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The Importance of Mental Fitness, healthline.
- How to Find Time to Exercise in College, ThoughtCo and Student Recreation Center