Honors Students Have Attended:
PASSHE Honors Student Development Conference
Every Spring semester the director of the Honors Program takes students to the PA State System of Higher Education Honors Student Development Conference in Harrisburg. At this conference, students attend workshops and panel discussions dealing with Honor's accomplishments and issues. It is also a great opportunity to meet and interact with Honors students from our sister schools.
Honors Students Have Presented at:
- Higher Education Council of Berks County Conference
- PASSHE Undergraduate Research Conference in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- LVAIC Women and Gender Studies Conference
- Penn-Del Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired State Vision Conference
- Northeastern Regional Honors Conference
- The Mugridge Symposium
- Language, Linguistics, and Life Conference
- The International Society for the Social Studies
- Frederick Douglass Institute Conference for Undergraduate Research
- American Physical Society Meetings
- American Mathematical Society Joint Mathematics Meeting
- Eastern Pennsylvania Council of Teachers of Mathematics Spring Conference
- ...and more!
Featured Conference Presentation:
KU Honors grad, Anna Nissley, named Portz Scholar by National Collegiate Honors Council in November 2020
Anna Nissley '20 was named a Portz Scholar for her Honors Capstone research and presented at the virtual NCHC Conference in November 2020.
Anna was one of four students from across the country to receive this award. Her Capstone research focused on the Appalachian Trail. The Honors Program is incredibly proud of Anna's work.