The Honors Program welcomes qualified prospective students into a close-knit community of students with outstanding achievements in academics and leadership.
Please see below to identify the appropriate requirements of the Honors program:
For Fall 2023: All incoming freshmen who meet or exceed the criteria of a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA and 1200 on their SAT OR a 25 composite on their ACT will be notified of acceptance into the Honors Program by the Admissions Office. Recipients of the Board of Governors Scholarship will also be notified of their acceptance by the Admissions Office. The Honors Program invites eligible students to confirm their participation. Invited students must confirm their participation in order to be activated in the Program.
Prospective students with a 3.5 cumulative high school GPA who are unable to take the SAT or ACT may apply by submitting a resumé, an essay, and a letter of recommendation. Application details and instructions for submission are below. The due date for Honors Program Applications for Fall 2023 is April 1, 2023.
- Should include extracurricular activities, community service, and leadership experiences
- Accepted formats: Word Document, PDF, or Image file
- Essay (choose one of the following topics; essay should be typed and at least 750 words)
- Option A: Compose an essay that demonstrates how you have exercised leadership and boldness in your academic work. How did you go beyond the minimum required of you? How will you continue to maximize your collegiate experiences through the KU Honors Program?
- Option B: Compose an essay that demonstrates how you intend to integrate your curricular and co-curricular interests. What are your academic and non-academic interests? How do these interests connect now, and how do you intend to develop these connections in the KU Honors Program?
- Letter of Recommendation
- Should be focused on your potential in the Honors Program
How to Submit:
- Before submitting, make sure you have all materials prepared (resumé, essay, and letter of recommendation).
- Use the Slate Application to submit all materials. Please note you need your application portal credentials to log in.
- The due date for Honors Program Applications for Fall 2023 is April 1, 2023. Students will be notified of their Honors Program status upon completion of review.
Transfer students who completed college credits at another college/university are considered external transfers.
External transfers do not need to submit standardized test scores (SAT/ACT) to be considered for the KU Honors Program.
The two pathways for transfer students to join the Honors Program are as follows:
1. Automatic admission into Honors Program:
3.25 GPA and completion of 12 credits in Honors courses noted on college transcript
2. Online application into Honors Program:
3.5 GPA and completion of 24 credits at the college level
Honors eligible transfer students accepted to Kutztown University after June 1st must contact the Honors Program directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about participating in the Honors Program.
Internal transfer students are students already enrolled at Kutztown University and have an interest in joining the Honors program.
Students are eligible to apply to the program once they have completed 30 credits at KU and have maintained a 3.25 CGPA. Interested students should fill out an application for the Honors Program, submit a letter of recommendation, and a personal essay (the essay prompt is listed in the application).
Please contact email@example.com or visit Honors Hall for more information.