Meet the Deans
As the chief academic officer of their areas, the academic deans provide intellectual leadership for the colleges/divisions. The deans serve a primary role in facilitating the goals of the campus strategic plan, ensuring that the university is meeting its mission, providing faculty with support for curricular, pedagogical, scholarly, and creative excellence.
As leaders of the colleges, the deans have multiple essential responsibilities, including:
- Providing leadership for curricular and pedagogical work in the college’s subject areas;
- Representing their colleges to the rest of the University,
- Representing goals and plans of campus leadership to their colleges;
- Coordinating the work of the college in the implementation of the strategic plan, as well as the assessment and planning cycle;
- Working within the college and across the university to meet the needs of students, faculty, and staff;
- Managing college fiscal and facilities resources; and
- Representing the college and University to external constituents and organizations.
College of Business - Dr. Anne Carroll
College of Education - Dr. John Ward
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Dr. David Beougher
College of Visual and Performing Arts - Dr. Bradley Shope