Join a Student Organization to gain real-world skills, network with like-minded students, build an extracurricular
Communication Career Club
The Communication Career Club's mission is to provide students with experiences that help them grow as effective communicators. Through a variety of activities, the club's members will expand their knowledge of communication, and their poise and confidence as communicators.
Previous Activities include:
- Attending the etiquette dinner as a group; learning how to impress interviewers (and using the right fork!)
- Hosting guest speakers such as recent graduates, talking about how they use their communication degree in the workplace
- Providing volunteer hospitality; greeting the public at KU public relations events, such as Decision Makers Forum
- Visiting KU's Career Services Office for presentations about employment after graduation
Speaking to audiences, welcoming the public on behalf of KU's Admissions Office outreach to visitors on KU Preview Days
To join the Communication Career Club, contact Dr. Emily Cripe.
Lambda Pi Eta (Xi Kappa Chapter)
Lambda Pi Eta is the national honor society for students of communication including Communication Studies majors and minors, Electronic Media majors and minors, and PR minors. Our local chapter is Xi Kappa.
Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as
The Goals of Lambda Pi Eta include:
- To recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
Students need a 3.0 cumulative GPA with 60 semester credit hours completed, as well as a 3.25 GPA for communication studies courses with 12 semester hours completed.
The benefits of joining our chapter include meeting other like-minded students who take their studies seriously and getting together with those who enjoy community service (a few hours of which is required in order to be inducted into the organization).
Previous Activities include:
- Lambda Pi Eta induction ceremonies and celebrations
- Community Service Projects
For more information on how to join Lambda Pi Eta, contact Dr. Marco Ehrl
Explore LPE's Academic and Creative Accomplishments!
CAPS@KU is the artistic and intellectual center at Kutztown for faculty and students interested in the aesthetic, historical, literary, practical, and theoretical explorations of performance in
CAPS@KU official began in the fall of 2014 - but its history traces back to the 1970s.
The advisors of CAPS are Dr. Lisa Weckerle and Dr. Deryl Johnson. CAPS @KU is housed in the Dept. of Communication Studies and was formerly
Instead of one student club, CAPS is
For more information about the performances, workshops, auditions or having your performance ideas come to life, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see Dr. Deryl Johnson in room 110 in the