Kutztown University operates on rolling admissions. We recommend that you apply between August and December of your senior year of high school to ensure scholarship consideration. A final high school transcript is required upon graduation.
1. Complete and submit the application. If you need to update or edit information on the application, please contact the Office of Admissions.
3. Send an official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. High school transcripts must be sent directly from the high school. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
4. You have the option to submit SAT or ACT scores. KU is currently test-optional.
- Visual and Performing Arts Major Requirements
Advanced Placement, Dual Enrollment, and CLEP
Advanced Placement Credits and CLEP scores can be reviewed for academic credit. AP and CLEP scores will not be taken from high school or college transcripts. An official score report must be sent from the College Board directly to KU. Scores of 3 or higher on some AP exams and scores passed at the 50th percentile for CLEP may be considered for credit at KU.
KU also reviews dual enrollment coursework for college courses at the 100-level or higher with a minimum grade of C-. Please arrange for the college transcript to be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly from the institution.
Recommended Coursework for Applicants
Kutztown University strongly encourages students to pursue a college-preparatory program in high school. This includes:
- Four years of Language Arts
- Three years of Mathematics
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
Summer Talent Academy for Rising Stars (STARS) Program
The Summer Talent Academy for Rising Stars (STARS) Program supports selected incoming freshmen designed to familiarize them with the rigor of KU’s academic offerings while offering mentorship, advisement, support, and social activities. The program is a five-week on-campus experience that provides two courses (six college-level credits).
- Providing Resources and Opportunities for Future Standouts (PROFS) Program for current or former members of the foster care system
- Average Yearly Cost of Tuition and Scholarships