Facilities & Amenities

As with any home, the facilities and amenities that are conveniently available to your on-campus residence will be an important part of your live-on experience at Kutztown University.

Basic things like where and when you can do your laundry, where and how to send and receive mail or empty the trash, and how to stay connected to the Internet will be important daily needs. How about room furnishings, bedding and linens, and my television? What else will I need to bring? Can I personalize my room and decorate?

  • Cable TV and Internet Access

    Internet Service
    Housing & Dining Services provide wireless Internet service that is available in most rooms and apartments. Those who do not have wireless access may connect to Kutztown's wired network through a wired data jack (one per occupant per student room or apartment). You must supply a computer with Internet capabilities and Ethernet hardware.

    Please visit RESnet for more information.

    Television Service
    Cable television service is provided by Apogee in every room and apartment. For any questions or concerns regarding the service, you should contact the ResNet helpdesk at 610-683-4977. Are you looking for a list of channels? Click here for the link.

  • Residence Hall Common Areas

    Common Areas

    Common areas of our residence halls offer residents places to gather socially, grab a snack, study, watch TV, play video games, and bake cookies. These areas and their furnishings are for all residents to enjoy.


    Public restrooms, community bathrooms and common areas are cleaned regularly by custodial staff, but students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms/suites/apartments. Students should provide their own cleaning supplies for their room or apartment. Students are also responsible for removing their own garbage and recycling from their residence and bringing it to their community's designated trash room or area.


    Each residence hall has a kitchen area for resident use, with the exception of Dixon Hall. These kitchens, equipped with a stove, oven, refrigerator, and sink are often used for special programs and activities within the residence halls. While kitchens are not intended to prepare a resident's daily meals, residents may also use them. Check at the front desk of your residence hall for any kitchen equipment that may be signed out.

    Each apartment has its own kitchen with a refrigerator, sink, oven and stove (no microwave). Apartment residents should provide their own kitchenware and kitchen equipment.


    Most residence halls have a main lobby, a TV lounge, a recreation area, and a study area, which are open to students 24 hours a day. Some restrictions may apply on the usage of these facilities. If you have questions concerning usage, please check at the desk of your residence hall.

    Computer Labs

    Three residence halls (Beck Hall, Rothermel Hall, and Golden Bear Village South) have a computer lab available to residents.

    In addition, the Golden Bear Village South space includes two collaboration rooms. Each room is equipped with a mounted 42" flat-screen monitor, a built-in PC, and four HDMI adapters for students to connect their own device(s).

    All labs include both Macs and Windows PCs as well as a networked laser printer.

  • Laundry Facilities & Vending


    Laundry facilities equipped with washers and dryers are located in each residence hall available for use 24 hours a day. For more information on payment methods, visit KUSSI's laundry webpage.

    Students residing in Golden Bear Village West may use the commuter laundry facility in Old Main. The Golden Bear Village South laundry facilities are located in buildings 10 and 80 (residents in buildings 10 - 40 should use the building 10 laundry; residents in buildings 50 - 80 should use the building 80 laundry). Students residing in the Honors Building are given access to the locked laundry facility on the ground floor. 

    Washers and dryers are provided by Auxiliary Services. For questions, concerns, or more information regarding the service, you should contact Auxiliary Services directly.


    Vending machines are available in every residence hall to satisfy that craving for a snack or cold beverage. Payment method varies on vending machines (Bear Bucks and/or cash and coins) for when that need for chocolate or something salty arises.

  • Residence Hall Furnishings

    All bedrooms and common area living spaces in Kutztown University's residence halls are not carpeted. All windows are provided with blinds. Shower stalls in Golden Bear West, South and the Honors Apartments have a glass shower door, while bathrooms in University Place and Dixon are provided a shower curtain.

    Each residential room is provided an extra-long twin bed, a desk and chair, a free-standing or under-bed dresser, and a built-in closet, free-standing wardrobe, or a wardrobe/dresser combination.

    The suites in University Place each have a sitting room with a sofa, chair, and end tables.

    Apartments are furnished with a dining table and chairs in the eating area, as well as a couch, chair, and end table in the common area.  Apartment kitchens include a stove-top, oven (EXCEPT Golden Bear Village West), and full-sized refrigerator as well as built-in cabinets for storage of dishware, utensils, and pantry items.

    Traditional residence halls also include a TV lounge (basic cable service provided), at least one study lounge, a kitchen which is complete with an electric range, refrigerator and sink, laundry room, and a vending area.

    To prevent loss or damage to College property, students may not disassemble or remove any University property from a room, apartment, lounge or common area. Students may not block any exits from a room, apartment, lounge or common area with furniture.

  • Beds and Bed Linens

    Residence hall bedrooms are furnished with extra-long twin beds (80"). Each student will need to bring their own pillows, mattress pad, sheets, and blankets as these are not supplied.

    All beds are height adjustable (up to 32") or bunkable.

  • Residence Hall Maintenance

    Students are responsible for the care of the rooms and apartments that they are assigned. However, if you have something in your room or apartment that is in need of repair, we can help you!

    If you have something in your room or apartment that is in need of repair, please click on the links below to and submit a maintenance request. If there is a concern that the repair was needed due to intentional damage, a Residence Life staff member will review your request to determine if you and/or your roommate are responsible for the damage.

    Submitting a Maintenance Request

    For students living in a Traditional or Suite-Style hall:
    Log your request at: http://workorders.kutztown.edu

    • You must enter the request from an on campus location
    • You must enter a valid KU student email address
    • You may only enter residence hall room maintenance requests

    For students that live in the Golden Bear Village West, South or Honors apartments:
    Log your request at: www.tinyurl.com/kumramaint/

    After Hours Maintenance

    Emergency on-call maintenance is available and should be used after 4:30 p.m. and on weekends and holidays. It is the responsibility of Residence Life, Housing, and/or Public Safety and Police services to determine that a facility concern requires an immediate response in an after-hours situation. Normal maintenance emergencies should be reported to the Residence Hall Front Desk.

    Services or Requests NOT Covered by Maintenance

    • Lock Changes
    • Key Replacements
    • KU ID Replacements
    • Card Access Privileges
    • Custodial Services
    • Personal Light Bulb replacement 
    • Computer Repairs/Internet Issues
    • Telephone Services
    • Smoke Detector/Sprinkler
    • Vending/Washer/Dryer
    • Television Cable

    See a Residence Life Staff Member for help with any of the items listed above.

  • Residence Hall Damages

    Students are responsible for reporting the condition of their room and any damages they may see upon check-in to their room. All damages must be reported within 72 hours of receipt of your room key or pin code. 

    Damage Policy

    Upon move in, students are responsible for reporting all damages in their assigned space within 48 hours through the Room Verification Form. Any non-reported damage, or a forfeited Room Verification form submission, will result in the student being responsible for the damage found in their room at check-out. 

    Room Verification Form

    Upon moving into a hall, at the beginning of the semester or mid-year as part of a room change/swap, students are presented the opportunity to complete a Room Verification Form. This form asks students to check the condition of their space and note anything that might be damaged or missing. Students are expected to complete the form on their MyKUHousing self services tab within 72 hours of moving in. Failure to complete a Room Verification Form results in the student accepting the condition of the room as is, and be held accountable for any damages present in the room when they check out.

    To complete this form, students should follow the following procedure:

    1. Log Into MyKUHousing Account
    2. Go To Applications Tab
    3. Select Room Verification Form
    4. Read and sign the agreement, hit continue. 
    5. Answer the questions regarding the condition of your room, hit continue. If you have exceptions to the condition of your room, please be as detailed as possible. You can upload up to three pictures of the exceptions. 
  • Refrigerators & Microwaves

    Residents may bring their own refrigerator or can rent a MicroFridge unit through the MicroFridge Company. Only one MicroFridge is allowed per room. If you bring your own refrigerator, the maximum capacity is 3.2 cubic feet with an amperage draw of no more than 1.4. 

    Microwaves are permitted in any of our on-campus apartments (including the Dixon Hall efficiency apartments, not Dixon's suite-style rooms). Only one microwave with an amperage draw of no more than 9 is permitted per apartment and it must be kept in the kitchen area. 

    Microwaves are NOT permitted in the traditional or suite-style residence hall rooms.

  • Property Insurance

    Kutztown University assumes no responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property, and extends no insurance coverage to indemnify students' property. Residents are encouraged to secure insurance coverage for personal belongings either through their parent's/guardian's homeowners’ insurance company or with a separate renter's policy while living on campus.

  • Mail Services

    When you check in to your room, you will receive a key or the combination to your assigned mailbox in the mail room of your residence hall. Mail will be delivered once each day, Monday through Saturday, excluding holidays and University vacation periods. If you receive a package, a notification slip will be placed in your box. Please report to the desk with the slip and your ID to claim your package.

    Whether ordering items online or receiving a letter or package from family and friends, residents will need to know their mailing address. Please use the name used to register at KU, no nicknames or abbreviations. Mail and packages should be addressed to the following:


    Student's Full Name

    (*Insert Building Number*) Golden Bear Vlg S RM (*Insert Room Number*)

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530


    Devon D. Doe

    80 Golden Bear Vlg S RM 314A

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530

    Student's Full Name

    (*Insert Room Number*) Golden Bear Vlg W 

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530


    Devon D. Doe

    199 Golden Bear Vlg W

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530

    Student's Full Name

    (*Insert Room Number*) (*Insert Building Name*)

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530


    Devon D. Doe

    315B Dixon Hall

    15200 Kutztown Rd

    Kutztown, PA 19530

    For more information about mail, please contact Mail Services directly.