Residence Hall: University Place
Freedom Place is open to any student who commits to living a substance-free lifestyle. While Kutztown University is a dry campus and substances such as drugs and alcohol are prohibited in all of our residence halls, Freedom Place is a community of students interested in living and learning with other students who share similar substance-free lifestyle values. Our supportive environment will allow students to explore ways to cope with stress, unwind, and have fun with like-minded students. Students make personal commitments for multiple reasons. A lifestyle free of substance is their shared interest for students who choose to live together and connect at Freedom Place.
Freedom Place is located in University Place. Residents will have single air-conditioned rooms at university rates, and the convenience of a meal plan.
Freedom Place provides students with a supportive and inclusive environment that encourages them to learn from one another, build positive relationships, and develop a strong sense of self and greater belonging to the campus community.
Students who are interested in providing peer support and modeling a healthy lifestyle are encouraged to apply.
The program will provide students opportunities that include:
- Mentorship from Health and Wellness Services Office and faculty members
- Opportunities to attend and plan campus events
- Opportunities to engage in community service and advocacy
- Located near athletic fields and fitness center
- Excursions to entertainment and events
- Opportunities to attend local supportive meetings held on and off-campus (optional)
- Take part in weekly community meetings
- Attend and assist in the planning of 3 KU faculty/staff facilitated presentations/programs a semester
- Plan one community dinner a semester
- Take part in weekly Night Out activities
Questions contact Frances Cortez Funk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-683-4240