Mail Services is a department reporting to KU Business Services, a unit within the division of Finance and Facilities. The department receives, processes, and distributes both campus mail and US mail, parcels, packages, and overnight mail. Staff members provide mail delivery on a daily basis and processes metered, certified, insured, and Express mail.
- To ensure that the university's written communications move efficiently to their destination whenever possible within one working day of receipt.
- To promote the efficient use of addressing and mailing services through the use of automated equipment.
- To encourage cooperation in eliminating unnecessary or unsolicited mail.
Guidelines for UPS and FEDEX package shipping through Mail Services
- Packages may not be larger than 30" x 30" and no heavier than 40lbs.
- Packages larger than these dimensions may be sent to the University Storeroom for shipping
Scheduled Delivery and Pickup Times
- Campus Mail received by 9:30 a.m. is guaranteed same day delivery.
- Outbound mail collected during the day is dispatched to the US Postal Service twice a day at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. All outbound mail received before 3:15 p.m. can be processed and dispatched the same day.
- Overnight Express mail received 1 hour before closing time will go out the same day.
- Outgoing UPS parcels received by 2 p.m. will go out the same day.
Note: In order to meet the deadlines set by the US Postal Service, mail must be delivered to Mail Services by 3:15 p.m. If you miss the cutoff time, your material will be sent out the next business day.