- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names. If possible, arrange to have your address labels printed in zip code order.
- Fold multi-page material and send it in a #10 envelope to save the extra weight and postage of a large "flat."
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements. It is one-third cheaper than sending an envelope.
- Combine mailings to the same person or address in one envelope.
- Print on both sides of a page. This will reduce the weight of your piece and save on postage.
- Use faxes when time is crucial, instead of Express mail.
- Use Parcel Post and Book Rate as much as possible.
- Use university-designated vendors for overnight delivery service.
- Use following fonts to ensure your letter mail is acceptable to our pre-sort vendor.
- Corporate Mono-Plain
- Courier New
(All fonts must be between 10 pt and 12 pt)