Mail Services acts as the University's liaison to the USPS* and guides you through the maze of regulations. From initial concept and design of your mailing piece to prompt delivery, we’ll handle each step of your mailing professionally and efficiently. We will conveniently meter and send outgoing US mail for departments.
All outgoing US mail without stamps should be placed in your department's regular mail collection location or a campus mail dropbox. Any international mail should be banded together and separated from the US mail.
Our trained staff is here to help you select the most expeditious and economical method of moving mail. Here are some methods to send your mail:
- Expedited: Priority Express Mail
- First-Class Mail: Consists of handwritten and typewritten messages, bills, statements of accounts, postcards, checks and other payments, and business reply mail.
- Standard: Consists of circulars, booklets, catalogs, and other printed materials not otherwise required as first class mail, merchandise, farm and factory products, photographs, keys, printed drawings, parcel post, and library materials. The rates for each class and the types of movement vary considerably.
- Media Mail: Generally used for books (at least eight pages), film, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed education charts, loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information, and computer-readable media.
- Library Mail: Used by qualifying institutions like libraries, universities, zoos, and research institutions to mail educational and research material.
For more information on how to prepare and send packages, please visit the USPS website here.
Note: In order to meet the deadlines set by the US Postal Service, mail must be delivered to Mail Services by 2:30 p.m. If you miss the cutoff time, your material will be sent out the next business day.
*Kutztown University enjoys discounted shipping rates from both the USPS and UPS. To remain fiscally responsible, the University is recommending all departments ship via these two services when possible. If on campus, the department can continue to place any outgoing packages at their mailstop for pick up by Mail Services. That team will process those items using USPS or UPS.