Achievement Initiative for Male Success Program
Kutztown University is committed to helping male students to reach their full potential. In the fall of 2017 a new initiative known as the Achievement Initiative for Male Success Program (A.I.M.S.) was introduced to the Kutztown community.
The focus of the A.I.M.S. program is the academic and social advancement of male students at Kutztown University. It is KU’s hope to improve the support network of male students on and off campus. The university hopes that by improving the male experience through the development of their academic, personal, and social skills, this will lead to higher retention and graduation rates for our male students.
Mission: Through AIMS, we seek to provide every male student at Kutztown University a safe, supportive, and engaging support system so they can continue their education and graduate from Kutztown University.
Vision: To graduate every AIMS participant in four years from Kutztown University so they can live and lead a productive and fulfilling life after college.
More About Aims
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To increase year to year retention and graduation of undergraduate male students at Kutztown University.
- Objective 1: To develop and provide a robust community of support for AIMS participants inclusive of peers, faculty, and staff.
- Objective 2: To coordinate and provide resources, activities, programs, and events that support AIMS participants academic and personal success.
- Objective 3: To provide AIMS participants the opportunity to develop social and human capital, as well as leadership skills by the end each academic year.
Goal 2: By 2021 the AIMS program will be a resource for Kutztown University faculty, staff, and administrators seeking to improve male success.
- Objective: To develop research and promising practices for faculty and staff to use for supporting minority and other male students at Kutztown University and throughout higher education.
- Outcome: By Spring 2022, program staff will present research, white paper, or submit scholarly paper to peer reviewed publication/journal for publish.