We can help you:
- Identify career options and long-term career objectives
- Navigate a job search and/or career transition
- Update your resume, cover letter and interview skills
- Prepare for graduate or professional school
Making a good first impression is essential for a strong and successful interview. Please check back for our newest mock interview service. The CDC provides the opportunity for you to practice interviewing using your webcam and microphone. Record your practice interview and submit it to the Career Development Center to have it reviewed by a staff member. Please keep in mind that the turnaround time for this service may vary depending on current volume.
Graduate School Preparation
Pursuing a graduate or professional degree is an important decision that requires both time and planning. Click here for more information about the process, items to consider, resources for help and timelines.
Resume and Cover Letter Writing & Review Service
An up-to-date resume and professional cover letter are important in every job search. Do you need help getting started? Click here to review tips and strategies for creating your resume and cover letter as well as see examples of format/content that employers expect. Upload your document drafts to www.kutztown.edu/handshake and have them reviewed by a staff member. The turnaround time for this service is typically 3-4 business days. PLEASE BEWARE: Alumni are limited to one review per calendar year. Prepare and proofread carefully prior to submitting your documents for review. Click here to view full Review Policy.
Individual Career Coaching
Individual career counseling/coaching by phone is available to help you research career options, begin a job search, target employers in a specific industry or pursue graduate education. Call the Career Development Center at 610-683-4067 to schedule an appointment. Please note: One phone appointment is provided per year/per graduate.
Share your expertise in your field by volunteering to assist students through our office. Below are some of the ways to get involved. Call the Career Development Center at 610-683-4067 for more information.
- PAWS - Partnering Alumni with Students - Connect with undergraduates to talk about your field of work. (Please click icon below to get started)
- Networking Events and Employer Panels- Participate in networking and educational events held during the academic year.
- Internship/Externship host - Host a student for an internship or externship (job shadowing experience) at your place of employment.