The Career Development Center is home to numerous resources for your student's career development!
Your role as a family member of a college student is an important one. Your support and encouragement will continue to be important even as your student becomes more independent, self-sufficient and comfortable with his or her new role as a college student at Kutztown University.
How You Can Help
- Encourage your student to begin planning their future career path as soon as they start college. See Key to a Successful College Experience.
- Emphasize the importance of 1) good grades 2) related experience (part-time job, volunteer work, job shadowing, research experience, and internship) 3) taking advantage of CDC resources, services, and special events. See Schedule of Events.
- Celebrate your student's successes and encourage them to seek help as difficulties arise.
- Help your student to advocate for themselves. Encourage them to take responsibility for solving issues and problems.
- Be patient and supportive.
Starting with their first semester at KU, the CDC serves undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni from across all academic disciplines by helping them define and take the steps necessary to achieve their career goals. We encourage you to browse our website to learn more about the wide range of career services, programs, and resources offered at Kutztown University.
The CDC texts parents about important upcoming events that you are able to encourage your students to attend. Please email email@example.com.