Thank you for your interest in recruiting Kutztown University students and alumni! We look forward to working with you to cultivate and enhance your recruitment efforts by providing a wide range of opportunities to interact with KU students, alumni, and faculty.
You may get involved by:
- Registering with Handshake to post your internship and job positions
- Recruiting through the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program
- Participating in Internship and Job Fairs each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Hosting a student for a one-to-three day externship (job shadowing experience)
- Volunteering to offer mock interviews to develop students' interviewing skills
- Participating in employer discussion panels to educate students about your organization/field
- Promoting your organization and its opportunities through information sessions
- Engaging in networking events and professional development opportunities
- Communicating with faculty and academic departments
KU Recruiting Services and Opportunities
Post Openings & Search for Candidates
Handshake is the primary online resource for preparing and connecting students and alumni with employers. The following services and resources are available to employers:
- Employer Profiles
- Internship & Job Postings
- Career Fairs & Events Registration
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Resume Books
- Due to the high volume of postings received, the Career Development Center cannot create, maintain, nor edit postings for employers.
- Non-career related to temporary, part-time, full-time, or seasonal opportunities may NOT be posted.
On-Campus Interviewing Program
Recruiting takes place in October, November, March, and April. To schedule an On-Campus Interview date to recruit for career-related internships and/or entry-level jobs, email email@example.com. Please be sure to include the following information:
- Date preference(s)
- Name, job title, phone number and email address of the primary contact person
- Available positions/job titles of the internships and/or jobs for which you are recruiting
- The number of rooms you will need and the number of interviewers
- Duration of interviews (30, 45 or 60 minutes)
Please note: On-Campus Interviewing is coordinated through Handshake. Please allow at least 2 business days for your request to be processed.
Internship & Job Fairs
The KU CDC hosts three annual fairs for organizations to recruit students and alumni. Events include an Internship & Job Fair each semester and the Job Fair for Educators in the Spring. Registration is through Handshake. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions & Tables
Information sessions may be scheduled by organizations once per semester. It is the responsibility of the hosting organization to promote and market the session to students. Information tables may be reserved once per semester for military organizations and special-mission non-profits. Requests should be directed at least one month in advance to email@example.com.
Student Clubs & Organizations
With approximately 150 student clubs and organizations, there are numerous opportunities for industry-related presentations and events. Visit ENGAGE for the listing of registered student groups.
Resources for Developing an Effective Internship Program
- NACE Internship & Co-op Survey
- Starting and Maintaining a Quality Internship Program (Compiled and edited by Michael True, Messiah College)
- Intern Bridge (The nation's premier college recruiting consulting and research firm)
- Internship in a Box (Career Philly's resource to aid employers in building an internship program)
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act