Tips for Professional Dress
“ 70% of the clothes you own should be meat and potatoes. 30% should be icing and fluff”.
-Michael Kors, Times Online
WHY BUY THE CLASSICS?
- Classics are universal
- They do not go out of style
- They extend the life of your wardrobe
- They usually work well on job interviews and big events, as well.
- A-line skirt
- White shirt
- Trench coat
- Black dress
- A well fitting dark grey or navy suit (winter)
- A well fitting blue or tan suit (summer)
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE?
- You will not be a student forever
- A lot of jobs require business casual attire
- A lot of the classics are business casual or can be made business casual
- More bang for your buck
- Classics create a more serious and professional look
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many items can I have from the Career Closet?
A: You are welcome to purchase up to 5 items.
Q: Who is eligible to use the Career Closet?
A: All current KU students have access to the Career Closet, regardless of degree level or major.
Q: I'm not sure how to put together a professional-looking outfit. Can the CDC help me?
A: Yes, one of the CDC staff can assist you.
Q: How much does it cost to use the career closet?
A: Current KU students and those who have graduated recently can purchase items for $2 each. There is a $5 minimum purchase to use a credit card.
Q: Who benefits from the money made from my purchase?
A: All proceeds benefit the TRIO Student Support Program scholarship fund.