2022 College Autism Kutztown Experience
Join us for the College Autism Kutztown Experience (CAKE) on July 8, 2022!
Open to upcoming high school juniors and seniors and incoming college freshmen, this event will give you a good idea of what it is like to be a student at Kutztown University with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Experience a college lecture and a science lab activity, eat lunch in a dining hall, and see what walking across a campus feels like. You'll also hear from the Student Success Center about their resources, the Student Involvement Center on the the best ways to get involved, and from My Place / staff on college accommodations and the My Place Program!
Come out for an exciting day and find out just how great it is to be a Golden Bear!
- 8:00 - 8:50 AM: Student Arrival / Breakfast served grab-and-go style (Academic Forum)
- 9:00 - 9:30 AM: Icebreaker Bingo Activity
- 9:45 - 10:30 AM: Lecture with Dr. Shaw, English Department Chair
- 11:00 - 11:50 AM: Science Lab with Drs. Palkendo and Mayerhofer
- 12:00 - 1:50 PM: College Tour, Lunch, and Downtime
- 2:00 - 2:30 PM: Presentation by Student Involvement
- 2:30 - 3:00 PM: Presentation by Chad from the Student Success Center
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Discussion of College Accommodations and the My Place Program with DSO Staff in the Academic Forum, Room 101. Parents are encouraged to attend!
- 4:00 - 4:30 PM: Student Pick-up at the Academic Forum
Please use this online form to register.
Registration requires a payment of $30, which includes breakfast, lunch, and My Place/Kutztown gear! We will contact all registrants once we have the payment link.
Please complete the following forms:
- Health History and Medical Treatment Permission Form
- Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk & Indemnity Agreement Form
Please reach out with any questions, concerns, or accommodation needs to: Megan Rutter, My Place Program Director (Rutter@kutztown.edu / 610-683-4108).