Programs and Services
WHAT WE DO
The Multicultural Center supports and encourages students to fully participate in college life, and provides guidance and direction to help any student find resources, explore opportunities, and develop or enhance their academic and personal skills. We also provide resources and support to individuals, groups, and organizations seeking to develop multicultural-focused workshops and programs.
Any student or employee may participate and, when open to the public, the community in general may participate. The only exceptions are when space limitations restrict attendance; then, audience or target population is by invitation only to those whom the program or activity will impact the most.
The Center serves the institution, its populations, and the surrounding community in numerous ways including, but not limited to:
- Providing and facilitating leadership development opportunities
- Hosting programs, events, workshops and classes relative to multiculturalism and diversity
- Planning and implementing student-focused programs
- Offering Center space for diversity programs and special events
- Serving as referral and liaison to various campus departments, organizations, and committees
- Supporting diversity-centered projects, activities and programs via co-planning and/or co-funding
- Serving as supplemental mentors and advisors to student organizations and groups
- Serving the community via development/implementation of outreach programs to agencies and area schools
- Disseminating information on scholarships and other opportunities for students
- Developing and facilitating workshops and training in leadership, diversity, and multiculturalism
ANNUAL UJIMA CONFERENCE
Ujima Conference Workshop
Alum facilitating workshop at the annual Ujima Conference
The Ujima Conference is held annually in the Spring, featuring a keynote speaker and various workshops facilitated by current student leaders, MCC student workers and/or Kutztown alumni. "Ujima" is one of the 7 principles of Kwanzaa, meaning "community" or "collective work and responsibility". This conference gives students opportunities to research areas of interest and enhance presentation skills. It is open to all Kutztown University students and students invited from other System Schools as well as surrounding universities and colleges.
Keep an eye on our social media (@kumcc) and Events page for updated event information!
Check out pictures and flyers from past events below!