Services and Support for Survivors

If you are a past or present survivor of sexual or interpersonal violence, you are not alone, and we are here to help.  The KU Women's Center can provide a safe space, compassionate support, on-campus counseling referral, and assistance with the reporting processes. Stop by the center in the Boxwood House, call 610-683-4655, or email:

In addition, the KU Women's Center works with Safe Berks to provide campus advocacy services, which are free and confidential.  Services offered include: review all reporting options; provide accompaniment to the Berks County Courthouse to obtain a Protection Order; provide accompaniment to law enforcement interviews and Title IX meetings on campus; and provide referrals to PCAR’s Sexual Violence Legal Assistance Project and other Berks County support services and resources, as needed.  Our Safe Berks Campus Advocate is LaTisha Baker, who can be reached at 484-651-9745 or

Safe Berks also has a hotline where a certified advocate is available by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. To contact the hotline, please call 844-789-SAFE or Text “SAFE BERKS” to 20121.  All services provided by Safe Berks are inclusive and available to every KU student.  However, please note, a report to a Safe Berks representative does not constitute a report to the University, since these individuals are not employees of the University and, therefore, are not required to report allegations of a Title IX violation to the University’s Title IX Coordinator or any other University employee with the authority to investigate and/or redress sexual violence on campus.         

Safe Berks Campus Advocate

LaTisha Baker

Contact LaTisha directly for a confidential meeting.

484-651-9745 (call or text)

or email:

Safe Berks Hotline (24 hours)

844-789-SAFE or Text SAFE BERKS to 20121

Safe Berks

255 Chestnut Street

Reading, PA 19602

Phone:  610-373-1206

Safe Berks Logo

Meet our Campus Advocate:  LaTisha Baker

Can you explain your role in Safe Berks and at KU?

I work as the Safe Berks Higher Education Campus Specialist (aka the campus advocate). In my position, I travel between 6 different college campuses in Berks County providing services to students, faculty and staff. At KU, I work in the Women’s Center on campus and often get to partner with other campus organizations such as It’s On Us, the LGBTQ+ resource center and others.

What are some services you provide to KU students?

As campus advocate, I provide the same services as our agency on a smaller scale. Primarily, I provide short term empowerment counseling and advocacy to victims of sexual assault or interpersonal violence. Some of our advocacy services include law enforcement accompaniment, assisting in filing protection from abuse orders or sexual violence protection orders, on-call medical advocates and information regarding the criminal justice system, and additional resources.