It's On Us
Started in 2014 by former vice president and current President Joe Biden, It's On Us is a national campaign committed to ending sexual assault on college campuses by emphasizing the part we all have to play in creating a culture of respect. It's On Us has four pillars:
- To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
- To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault might occur.
- To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported
It’s On Us is a rallying cry, inviting everyone to step up and realize that the solution begins with US. It seeks to reframe the conversation surrounding sexual assault in a way that inspires everyone to see it as their responsibility to do something, big or small, to prevent it.
Kutztown University became an It's On Us partner school in 2016, and was awarded the It's On Us PA Grant in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
How can I get involved?
- It's On Us is a Kutztown University student organization. Find us on Engage here.
- Attend the weekly Chapter meetings
- Become an It's On Us ambassador for your club.
- Support our events, and volunteer.
- Follow @itsonuskutztown on Instagram.
What can I do right now to make a difference?
- Click here "It's On Us" for more information on It's On Us and to take the pledge (use your KU email so it counts for our school.)
- Create your It's On Us badge and use it on your social media profile.
- Learn more and get involved!