TIMS Certification Resources
Teacher Information Management System (TIMS)
TIMS is a one-stop-shop that offers a variety of certification functions for educators, school administrators, and the public. How can you use TIMS? See below:
Personal User – for individuals who need to apply for teacher certification, access their personal TIMS dashboard, view and update personal information, print a copy of their teaching certificate, and do additional functions as a current or future educator.
Links to Important TIMS Resources:
- Directions on setting up your TIMS account
- TIMS Help/User Guides For Personal Users
- PDE TIMS Login Page (after your account is set up)
- Logging In/Login Problems
- New Credential Application Directions
- Once you are on the NEW CREDENTIAL DIRECTION PAGE - on the right side is the step by step directions for each section of the application.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete-Teacher Certification Only
- Certification Testing and GPA (Standard Deviation Chart) #3
- TIMS Frequently Asked Questions
Out-of-state Licensure and Certification
Kutztown University is approved to offer Education programs that lead to certification in Pennsylvania. While we regularly monitor licensure/certification laws in each state, state requirements are subject to change without notice.
If you are interested in certification outside of Pennsylvania, we encourage you to contact the appropriate state licensing agency to seek guidance and verify requirements before beginning a program and during your program of study. Please visit State Contacts and Information (ed.gov) for more information.
If you are planning to teach in New Jersey, please note that you may be required to complete the edTPA, a performance-based assessment in your first two years of teaching. It is strongly recommended that you contact the school district(s) of interest and the New Jersey Department of Education for more information specific to New Jersey.