Kutztown University operates on rolling admissions. We recommend that you apply between August and December of your senior year of high school to ensure consideration before the class is full. A favorable admission decision is based upon your qualifications at the time of the offer and is contingent upon the maintenance of those standards through graduation from high school. A final high school transcript that includes your graduation date is required.
3. Send an official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. GED results must be sent directly from the Department of Education.
4. Submit SAT or ACT scores. KU will accept test scores printed on the official high school transcript. Please check with your high school to determine whether your scores will appear on your transcript.
Advanced Placement exam and CLEP scores can be reviewed for academic credit. AP and CLEP scores will not be taken from high school or college transcripts. An official score report must be sent from the College Board directly to KU. Scores of 3 or higher on some AP exams and scores passed at the 50th percentile for CLEP may be considered for credit at KU.
KU also accepts transcripts for dual enrollment coursework for college courses at the 100-level or higher with a minimum grade of C-. Please arrange for the college transcript to be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly from the institution.
Kutztown University strongly encourages students to pursue a college-preparatory program in high school. This includes:
- Four years of Language Arts
- Three years of Mathematics
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
The following programs require additional items:
- Applied Digital Arts
- Art Education
- Art Education: Alternative Settings
- Commercial Music
- Communication Design
- Studio Art
- Music Education
- Music Performance
Students applying to the Applied Digital Arts, Art Education, Art Education: Alternative Settings, Communication Design, Crafts, and Studio Art majors must submit a portfolio or art test via SlideRoom. Students applying to the Commercial Music, Music, Music Education, and Music Performance majors must schedule an audition.