Kutztown University encourages development and student success by creating a supportive environment as you work toward your degree. The university offers a variety of student support services which will help students make the most out of their time at KU. Whether you need help with a paper, resume, or maybe you need a tutor for a certain class, KU has all the services you need. Not only do we offer educational help but also emotional, cultural and physical support as well. Kutztown wants to see students succeed, and with the support of numerous services students will be sure to reach their professional aspirations. The opportunities are endless here at KU!
- The Career Development Center encourages you to develop your career goals by offering help on: choosing your major, job/internship searches, graduate school or workplace etiquette. Each semester the center hosts numerous events to improve the skills you need for your professional career.
- The Disability Services Office (DSO) wants to make sure students and employees with a disability achieve equal education and opportunity on campus. DSO offers many services such as note takers, alternative testing methods and interpreters for students who need assistance in class.
- The GLBTQ Center seeks to be the regional center for resources which create and support environments whereby the gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, inter-sex, and questioning (GLBTQ) students, faculty, administrators, staff, and alumni have access, inclusion, recognition, equality, and respect in all facets of higher education.
- The Kutztown University Behavioral Intervention Team (KUBIT) assist stundents who have troubled behavior which concerns their peers as well as offer support to these students before more significant problems arise.
- Military and Veterans Services honor KU military members, veterans, their families and supporters by providing meaningful service.
- The Multicultural Center offers fun activities and services to create awareness of cultural and racial identity as well as promoting and assisting with academic growth and leadership skills.
- The Kutztown University Women's Center offers various resources for issues that can affect a woman's prosperity such as: health problems, body image, relationships, childcare and violence. Individuals seeking advice, information or direction are always welcome where your visits will be handled with confidentiality.
- Student Assistance offered through the Office of the Dean of Students works with you to help you overcome any problem that may interfere with your personal and academic success.
- Academic Enrichment focuses on the academic success and graduation of students. With tutoring services as well as academic support services there are many programs that can assist in helping students achieve their academic, career and personal goals.
- The Center for Academic Success and Achievement (CASA) works with you on improving your academic skills, habits, planning, and decision making to make sure your academic goals are reached. CASA works with you on career development, making sure you have the success you desire after college.
- TRIO Student Support Services is a federally funded program that assists students in reaching their post-secondary academic goals.
- Tutoring Services here at Kutztown give students that one-on-one attention they need by offering peer tutoring, this way the tutor gives you exactly what you need because they have gone through the course work and have excelled.
- The Kutztown University Writing Center will assist you with any writing piece you need to help you revise your work and improve your skills as a writer.