Supervisors are responsible for reviewing and approving travel forms submitted by employees. Employees are responsible for ensuring that expenses claimed on their travel forms are proper and accurate. Careless, fraudulent, or negligent preparation of a travel form will require financial restitution and may result in disciplinary action. A traveler who knowingly presents a false, fraudulent, or fictitious form may be subject to penalties under criminal statutes.
What Expenses May I NOT Claim?
- Any expenses charged to your credit card for which you earn frequent flyer miles, award points, cash-back, or other incentive programs.
- Any expenses relating to travel that was not approved by your supervisor in advance.
- Any expenses relating to the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
- Any expenses that exceed your available university budget.
- Any expenses that exceed the allowable rates listed below or are not allowed according to university travel regulations
What Expenses May I Claim?
Employees may be reimbursed for the following types of expenses