Student Employment and Payroll
Student Payroll's purpose is to maintain all student employment records, comply with applicable federal guidelines, and ensure timely payment of all student wages earned.
I AM HIRED AS A STUDENT WORKER. WHAT'S NEXT?
NEOGOV ONBOARDING AND PAYROLL INSTRUCTIONS - 3 STEPS TO BEGIN YOUR JOB
1) NeoGov Initial Login:
- You will receive an email from DoNotReply@NeoGov.com. Please activate your user account within 24 hours
- User ID is your campus email address
2) Tasks, instructions and forms to be completed in NeoGov
- All payroll forms need to be completed. Use your home address (residency).
- Acceptable documents task instructs you need to bring the following to the HR Office.
- Original Social Security card and photo id OR
- Original Birth Certificate and photo id OR
- Original Valid Passport
- Background clearance task will guide your through each step of the background clearance process. (Child abuse + FBI fingerprinting)
3) You will receive an email stating Eligible to Work which gives you the authorization to start working. ATTENTION: YOU MAY NOT START WORKING PRIOR TO THIS.
DESCRIPTION OF STUDENT PAYROLL FORMS
Student workers must show that he/she is eligible to work in the United States by producing documents required to complete Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. A list of acceptable documents is found on the USCIS website.
Employees earning less than $12,000 per year may be eligible for exemption from this tax. Please see the form for more details. This form is in the working documents packet.
A direct deposit form is a document that authorizes your employer (KU payroll) to send money to a bank account by simply using the routing and account numbers. For security
purposesyou must return this form in person to the Human Resources Center.
The PASSHE system where students enter hours worked and supervisors approve those hours for payment. You may log in through the e-Time button located on the top of the Student Employees/Payroll webpage.
The pay schedule shows eTime processing deadlines, approving students' hours in
eTime, pay period and pay dates.
Congrats! After you've been hired and the Department/Supervisor submitted a request to Student Payroll, you will receive an activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org to complete hiring forms online. Further instructions will be available in the onboard checklist.
Contact Student Payroll at 610-683-1353, option 2 or email email@example.com or visit the Human Resources Center for more information.
After a student is hired, the supervisor must submit a
STUDENT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION before the student may begin working.