Transfer Community Special Interest Group
Residence Hall: Dixon Hall
The Transfer Community is a Special Interest Housing for on campus transfer students. Students have the opportunity to connect with other transfer students, participate in variety of activities throughout the year that were designed to connect them to the Kutztown University community and all its resources, and assist with their overall transition. As a member of the Transfer Community, students will also be taking part in a variety of experiences that were designed to meet the needs of incoming transfer students.
As a member you agree to participate in the following opportunities:
- Attend Transfer Community Meetings
- Meet individually each month with the Transfer Year Graduate Student
- Attend various transfer specific events and workshops
- Attend one Community Assistant/Hall Council Program
- Attend one Hall Council Meeting
Mentor/Mentee Partnership A unique opportunity we are able to provide those students who signed up to live in the Transfer Community Special Interest Housing is an upper-class student mentor. Many of our student mentors have recently transferred to KU and can provide additional support during your transition. Students assigned a mentor are expected to:
- Meet with their mentor once a month (3 x a semester)
- Attend monthly Mentor/Mentee Social (3 x a semester)
All interested students should apply through their MyKUhousing portal. The application can be found under the forms and applications tab. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.