Since its inception in 1999, more than 17,000 companies and 1,000,000 employees across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania have utilized The Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA). WEDnetPA brings training funds to qualified companies across the Commonwealth through a network of community colleges, state system universities, and other educational institutions. WEDnetPA strives to strengthen the business environment of the Commonwealth by helping companies improve the skills and productivity of Pennsylvania workers. Funding for this program is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) through its Pennsylvania First Fund.
The Kutztown University Small Business Development Center is one of more than two dozen WEDnetPA partners. It serves as a local point of contact to assist your company in determining your eligibility, completing an application, and submitting invoices for reimbursement. Companies may apply for training grants for Essential Skills (ES) training and Advanced Technology (AT) training.
Types of Training Grants:
WednetPA has two categories of training grants. Please click the links below to learn more.
- Companies are limited to either funding two years in a row or three out of the past five years.
- Company must be located in Pennsylvania.
- Company is defined by its Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN).
- All locations under the same FEIN are considered a single applicant and, when combined, are subject to the company funding caps
- Each company location must submit its own application.
To be eligible for reimbursement, at the time of training an employee must:
- Be a resident of and employed in Pennsylvania.
- Earn at least 150% of the current federal minimum wage, excluding benefits.
- Be permanently employed full-time and eligible for full-time benefits.
- Be an employee of the specific company location awarded grant funds.
- Meet other criteria based on funding type (ES or AT).
Workforce Development Grants to Train Your Employees:
Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED)
WedNet PA funding is used to reimburse wide range of employee training. Pennsylvania employers in manufacturing or technology businesses, including bio-tech & environmental companies, are eligible for workforce job training grants through WedNetPA.
http://www.wednetpa.com Awards of up to $1300 per employee will be granted annually. **The primary requirement for the grants is that the training must be job-skill building for the employee.
Please contact your Kutztown University WEDnet Partner for more information