KU Business Services - Vehicle Registration & Permits
While Kutztown University is primarily a pedestrian campus, many students choose to bring their personal vehicles to campus for use during the school year. Others ride the campus shuttle buses which transport students across campus, into the community, and even to local points of interest.
Motor vehicle parking on the KU campus is regulated and strictly enforced by campus police and security officers. Drivers are strongly encouraged to park in appropriate locations, obtain necessary permits, and follow posted rules to avoid almost certain parking citations and fines.
Parking areas are indicated by appropriate signs and/or markings:
- Yellow Lines: Staff & Faculty only
- White Lines: Students
- Green Lines: Visitors
- Blue Lines: Vehicles with valid state-issued handicap placards
All persons who wish to park a vehicle on campus, whether for five minutes or five days, must display an appropriate and valid permit to park in any campus lot. Motor Vehicle Regulations are enforced Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM in most lots. However, there are exceptions, including:
- F decals issued to resident freshmen must remain parked in lots C5 or B3 24/7.
- Lot A1 meters must be fed from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- Lots B1 and F3 are enforced 24/7/365.
- Posted spots, such as "24 hour reserved" and "staff parking only" spots are enforced 24/7/365.
- Vehicles parked in lots without the proper permit (visitors included) may receive a ticket.
Permits are issued by the KU Business Services office, located in the Academic Forum room 107 during normal business hours. Visitors after hours must go to Public Safety for a temporary parking permit.