Musicians Health And Safety Guide
It is important for students and faculty to be informed of potential health concerns associated with music making.
Practicing and performing place great stress on the human muskuloskeletal, psychological, and auditory systems. Protect yourself by being aware of the concerns and take appropriate preventive steps to ensure a lifelong career and enjoyment of music making. Below are select resources on hearing, muskuloskeletal, voice, and psychological health for musicians
- Protecting Your Neuromuskuloskeletal Health
- Musculoskeletal Disorders Affecting Musicians and Considerations for Prevention
- A Painful Melody: Repetitive Strain Injury Among Musicians
- Musician, Heal Thyself
- Exercise for Musicians: Play Fit, Not Flat
- Protect Your Neuromusculoskeletal and Vocal Health Every Day
- Protecting Your Vocal Health
- Advice for Care of the Voice
- National Center for Voice and Speech
- Check Your Meds: Do They Affect Your Voice?
- Vocal Nodules
- American Academy of Otolaryngology