First Year Seminar Course Learning Objectives
Following the completion of the course, students will:
- Retrieve, evaluate, interpret, and use information [Gen Ed SLO 5]
- Identify a goal and evaluate the process of setting and achieving that goal. [Gen Ed SLO 7]
- Practice essential academic skills, including college-level writing, speaking, problem solving, critical thinking, collaboration, documentation, and using the university’s learning management system.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate ethical issues, with attention to students’ own values and those of diverse perspectives
- Identify student support services on campus in relation to students’ own learning and study preferences to maximize students’ success