Please note that the information below may not reflect the most up-to-date information. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, CPS services may be modified at any time. Please see our homepage for the most up-to-date information on CPS services.

  • Students who are experiencing a psychological emergency during normal office hours (M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm) can call CPS without an appointment. You will be evaluated by a counselor as soon as possible.
  • All students, even when a wait-list is in use, are eligible for crisis services and should call CPS and request to be evaluated as soon as possible if they are experiencing a mental health emergency or are concerned about their own safety or the safety of someone else.
  • After 4:00 p.m. and on weekends, requests for emergency psychological services are made by contacting the Department of Public Safety at 610-683-4001.
  • 24-hour crisis services are also available through Service Access & Management (Berks County) at 610-236-0530, or Lehigh County Crisis Intervention at 610-782-3127.
  • Emergency Services are also available through the emergency rooms of local hospitals.
  • Please DO NOT use email to communicate with CPS in the event of an emergency. If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call or come into the appropriate office in person so that you can receive help immediately.


Services on Campus

  • Counseling & Psychological Services: 610-683-4072 (during operating hours)
  • Health & Wellness Services: 610-683-4082
  • Public Safety: 610-683-4001 (24-hours, 7 days)

24-Hour Crisis Contacts

Rape/Sexual Assault Resources

  • Heart@KU 24-7 Kutztown University Sexual Assault Hotline
  • Berks Women in Crisis: (610) 372-9540 (hotline)
  • Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley: 610-437-3369
  • Sexual Assault Reporting Information for Kutztown University