Please note that the information below describes CPS services under regular operating conditions. Crisis intervention services have been temporarily modified in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see our homepage for up-to-date information on how to obtain emergency services during this time.
- Students who are experiencing a psychological emergency during normal office hours (M-F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm) can call or come
intoCPS without an appointment. You will be seen by a counselor as soon as possible.
- All students, even when a wait-list is in use, are eligible for crisis services and should call in or walk-in to CPS and request to be seen immediately if they are experiencing a mental health emergency or are concerned about their own safety or the safety of someone else.
- Students who are experiencing a psychological emergency after normal office hours can call or report to Clinical Services (See Clinical Services Website for hours of operation) call 610-683-4082.
- After 6 p.m. and on weekends, requests for emergency psychological services are made by contacting the
Departmentof Public Safety at 610-683-4001.
- 24-hour crisis services are also available through Service Access & Management (Berks County) at 610-236-0530, or Lehigh County Crisis Intervention at 610-782-3127.
- Emergency Services are also available through the emergency rooms of local hospitals.
- Please DO NOT use email to communicate with CPS in the event of an emergency. If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call or come
intothe appropriate office in person so that you can receive help immediately.
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Services on Campus
- Counseling & Psychological Services: 610-683-4072 (during operating hours)
- Health & Wellness Services: 610-683-4082
- Public Safety: 610-683-4001 (24-hours, 7 days)
24-Hour Crisis Contacts
- Service Access & Management: 610-236-0530
- Lehigh County Crisis Intervention: 610-782-3127
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line: text "start" to 741-741 (http://www.crisistextline.org/)
Rape/Sexual Assault Resources
- Heart@KU 24-7 Kutztown University Sexual Assault Hotline
- Berks Women in Crisis: (610) 372-9540 (hotline)
- Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley: 610-437-3369
- Sexual Assault Reporting Information for Kutztown University