Freshmen Orientation Program
Congratulations on your acceptance to Kutztown University! Now that you’ve been accepted and paid your Advanced Registration Deposit, it's time to register for your orientation program! Freshmen Orientation is a mandatory program for incoming students to help you become better acquainted with the KU, meet fellow classmates, and to learn about academic and campus life!
There are two parts to the orientation experience at KU.
- First, we will send you a link to a pre-orientation video in your KU email. This brief video contains information about important items to complete before attending your orientation.
- Next, you’ll attend an on-campus orientation at KU. We offer a series of one-day programs for you to select from. You can view available dates under the Dates and Registration Section. You can also view a simple schedule of the event under the Event Schedule And Information Section.
- Spring 2020 Registration is open now. Orientation registration for students starting in Fall 2020 will become available in late December.
Spring 2020 Orientation Registration is Open
Prepare for Your Orientation
1. Select and register for your orientation date.
Orientation is a requirement for all new students. We plan a full day of programming for you so be sure you have no other obligations that day. Confirm your date with your family before you select.
2. IF you are not transferring credit equivalent to MAT 017 (Introduction to Mathematics), or higher, you must take the Aleks Math Placement.
Do this before attending your orientation. It takes 72 hours to process your score. If you have questions about your transfer credits, call the Office of the Registrar at 610-683-4485. For technical issues with the assessment, please contact Dr. Paul Ache, Chair of the Department of Mathematics, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-683-4410.
However, if your major requires more than introductory math, you must take the assessment. If you have any questions about your program of study and the mathematics requirement, please contact the department of your major.
3. Want to continue to study a language? Take the Modern Language Placement.
The placement exam is only for students with previous language experience who want to continue studying that same language.
4. Thinking about changing your major?
Sometimes students change their minds about their major from the time they apply until the time they enroll. If you would like to request a change to your major, email the Office of Undergraduate Admissions (email@example.com). Please make all change of major requests prior to attending orientation. This will help to avoid unnecessary delays.
5. Your family can attend orientation too!
We offer a separate orientation program for family members. They occur on the same dates and times as the freshmen orientations. To learn more and to registrar - click here!
6. Complete the pre-orientation video.
In your orientation confirmation email, there is a video that you are asked to view before attending orientation.
7. You will have your photograph taken at orientation.
Bring a valid form of photo I.D. such as a driver's license, school I.D. or passport.
Dates And Registration
All orientation dates have a capacity limit. Once the limit is reached, the orientation on that date is no longer offered. Review the dates below before registering for orientation.
Orientations Dates for Students Starting in Spring 2020
- Wednesday, January, 15th, 2020
Event Schedule And Information
Check-In Begins: 8:15 AM
Program Start Time: 9:00 AM
Program End: Approximately 12:00 PM
Location: McFarland Student Union Building
Parking Available in Lots A1 and A2
"Persons with a disability, and who require an accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email DSO@kutztown.edu, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations. Please note: Kutztown University does not provide wheelchairs or other mobility devices