Leadership & Employment
New Student Orientation values the leadership development of all students.
In our work as specialists in transition, we know that students who are involved on campus are more likely to be successful academically and continue on to graduation. In an effort to model and provide these opportunities, NSO offers paid and volunteer positions for students as early as their first year to find community on our campus.
Whether you are looking to volunteer or get hands-on experience in your field, there is an opportunity for you to develop your leadership skills while helping students transition and be successful at Kutztown University.
Paid Positions- Currently Unavailable
New Student Orientation Staff (Currently Not Hiring)
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA at KU OR 2.5 or higher high school GPA when graduated
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing with the university
- Must be returning KU for the upcoming Fall semester after completion of summer orientation
- Cannot hold interfering summer classes, jobs, or internships
- Must be available for every orientation session, training, and related events
Gain skills in:
- public speaking
- team building
- various job specific duties
Contact Brett Santos, Graduate Assistant of New Student Orientation
Volunteer Positions for Future
Welcome Week 2021 Volunteers
Welcome Week Volunteers are current students who assist incoming students and families on move-in day with unloading cars, directing families to parking and providing a warm and welcoming environment to KU! This event can count as service hours for your club or organization. Registration to become a volunteer will be available in Spring 2021. Check back for more details!!