New Student Orientation Programs
Welcome to Kutztown University and the beginning of your transformation! We are happy to be part of this new journey in your life. Whether this is your first college experience or you are coming to KU with some college classes already completed, we are here to assist you.
Kutztown University orientation involves a comprehensive overview of the university experience which equips students and families with the tools to make a successful transition into the collegiate environment.
summer 2020 orientation moving online
- All summer orientation programs (freshmen, transfer and parent) will be conducted online through ZOOM for both the Freshmen and Transfer Programs.
- Orientation will continue to be required as part of the onboarding process for new students (freshmen and transfer) entering Kutztown University for Fall 2020.
- Students are encouraged to pay their Advanced Registration Deposit and register online for New Student Orientation.
- Further instruction will be sent to students on how to access their online orientation through their KU Student Email.
- The parent/family orientation will be available at no cost and will also be online.
Freshmen Orientation Program
New Student Orientation is designed to help you get adjusted to college life, answer your questions and prepare you for the exciting challenges that await you at Kutztown University! When you come to Orientation, you will meet other first-year students, become familiar with campus; gain an understanding of academic and student support services, get your student ID and receive your class schedule. Learn more here!
Transfer Orientation Program
Congratulations on your decision to become a Golden Bear!
New Student Orientation is a required event to help you register for your classes, acquaint you with university programs and services and also provide you with an opportunity to interact and meet incoming students, faculty and staff. We can't wait to welcome you to the Golden Bear Family! Learn more here!
Family Orientation Program
The Family Orientation program prepares you for the personal adjustments that come with sending a child to college. At this program you will:
- learn first year success strategies
- increase your awareness of financial aid and college costs
- learn how to encourage and emotionally support your student through their college journey
- learn about KU's student services and how to maximize their use
We can't possibly cover all the things students need to know to be successful at KU during Orientation. That is why we have additional programming during
move-inweek and throughout the first week of school to help students with this transition. From Club and Activities Fair, Entertainment, Presentations and more, we'll help you get involved on campus and make connections that will make your first year a success!