New Student Orientation Programs
Welcome to Kutztown University and the beginning of your transformation! We are happy to be part of this new journey in your life. Whether this is your first college experience or you are coming to KU with some college classes already completed, we are here to assist you.
Kutztown University orientation involves a comprehensive overview of the university experience which equips students and families with the tools to make a successful transition into the collegiate environment.
Registration for Spring 2020 Orientation Open!
Freshmen Orientation Program
New Student Orientation is designed to help you get adjusted to college life, answer your questions and prepare you for the exciting challenges that await you at Kutztown University! When you come to Orientation, you will meet other first-year students, become familiar with campus; gain an understanding of academic and student support services, get your student ID and receive your class schedule. Learn more here!
Transfer Orientation Program
Congratulations on your decision to become a Golden Bear!
New Student Orientation is a required event to help you register for your classes, acquaint you with university programs and services and also provide you with an opportunity to interact and meet incoming students, faculty and staff. We can't wait to welcome you to the Golden Bear Family! Learn more here!
Family Orientation Program
The Family Orientation program prepares you for the personal adjustments that come with sending a child to college. At this program you will:
- learn first year success strategies
- increase your awareness of financial aid and college costs
- learn how to encourage and emotionally support your student through their college journey
- learn about KU's student services and how to maximize their use
We can't possibly cover all the things students need to know to be successful at KU during Orientation. That is why we have additional programming during
move-inweekend and throughout the first week of school to help students with this transition. From Club and Activities Fair, Entertainment, Presentations and more, we'll help you get involved on campus and make connections that will make your first year a success!
The New Student Orientation Office coordinates and implements all undergraduate orientation programs to introduce students to the concepts of academic success and co-curricular enrichment. Orientation programs provide opportunities for parents & family members to support their student's transition. These programs are planned in collaboration with academic and student service units who share the responsibility for welcoming new students and their parents & family members.
Orientation Program Objectives
- To create an atmosphere that minimizes anxiety, promotes positive attitudes and stimulates an excitement for learning.
- To facilitate the academic advising, placement testing, course registration process and student services.
- To cultivate a more inclusive environment while helping students to understand and embrace cultural diversity and appreciate others.
- To provide opportunities for new students and families to meet faculty, staff and current students while transitioning to the changes associated with higher education.
- To provide employment, leadership and learning opportunities for undergraduate students as orientation leaders.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of participation in orientation programs, entering first-year and transfer students will:
- Assist new students in making the transition from their previous environment to KU.
- Acquaint new students with the mission, objectives and services of the university.
- Provide students and their families with an opportunity to interact with other students, faculty, and staff of KU.
- Enable students to feel connected to KU and excited to be a part the campus community.