Application & Scholarships
We are delighted you are interested in applying for admission to a program in the College of Visual and Performing Arts. Depending on your intended major, your application may require 1 OR 2 steps.
Submit your application and transcripts to KU.
Art, Design, and Music applicants, please complete a portfolio review or schedule an audition.
ART & DESIGN APPLICANTS
please view the portfolio requirements, then select one option:
- Attend a portfolio review on campus: September 28, October 26, November 6, November 16
- Attend National Portfolio Day in Philadelphia.
- Upload a portfolio on SlideRoom.
please view the audition requirements, then select one option:
- Attend an audition date on campus (preferred): December 7, January 25, February 8, February 15, February 29.
- Contact the Department of Music directly to arrange an individual audition date.
The following VPA majors do NOT require a portfolio review or audition for admission: Art History; Cinema, Television
|October 15||Portfolio deadline for undergraduate art and design students (spring start)|
|July 15||Deadline to complete an audition or portfolio review for admission to undergraduate programs|
|August 1||Deadline to apply to MFA in Communication Design|