KU Information Channel (KUIC)
KUIC, the Kutztown University Information Channel, is operated by The offices of Marketing and Communications and KU Radio.
The televised messageboard can be seen at the following:
- On-campus, channels 4.1 and 4.2.
- Kutztown's Home Net/
YondooUtilicom, channel 191
- Service Electric (Lehigh Valley), channels 266 and 966
The purpose of the channel is to provide information related to Kutztown University, specifically in the categories of events, academics, student life, news and sports
- Messages must be submitted via the designated Web form or through the Tightrope System.
- Messages should be submitted a minimum of five working days in advance of the first scheduled run date.
- Message length must fit within the designated text box on the Web form.
- All messages should include basic key information (readers should be able to easily determine the subject, date, time, location, contact info and/or other instructions. See current messages on KUIC for examples).
- Messages must include desired run dates and a suggested category for the message (upcoming events, academics, student life, sports, community).
- Run dates for messages may not exceed three
weeks,unless approved by the University Relations Office. Ticketed events may be promoted via separate messages for ticket sale dates and the event date.
- Messages must be applicable to Kutztown
University,and fit into one of the designated categories.
- Messages must be submitted by a university division, department or sponsoring organization. Personal messages are not permitted.
- Community announcements will be considered as time and space allows.
- The Office of University Relations reserves the right to edit all messages to meet style and messaging guidelines.
At times, the KUIC message board will be pre-empted by KU-TV generated programming. KU-TV includes student- and class-produced programming from the university's Department of Cinema, Television and Media Production.
KU-TV Programming Schedule
Below is the general schedule. Normally, these shows air during the semester at the listed times. Changes may occur without notice.
- Between the Lines - Wednesdays at 7 p.m., Thursdays at 7 p.m., Fridays at noon
- Camera One - Tuesdays at 7 p.m., Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays at 12:30 p.m.
- Newsbreak - Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m., Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m., Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays at 11:30 a.m.
- KU-TV also televises select sporting events.